Hi! I’m Pierre Benayoun and I’m a French on man startup indie developer. I’ve been working on Activity tracking with Android for almost two years.
The results were not so good so I decided to dramatically change my strategy with a pivot.
So, what’s the next step?
This two weeks GIF
The alpha is almost here (Yes I’m saying this post after post). I’m not coding new functionality anymore.
I’m « just » testing the app in many ways and correcting bugs or coding missed functionality. To be honest it’s awfully boring. You launch tests, you see a bug, you correct it and you launch test, you see that the app doesn’t do something, you correct it and you launch test…
This is not sexy tasks at all. You need to work a couple of hours laboriously to remove each tiny bug but it’s mandatory I hope that next post will discuss what I’ve learned on the technical alpha. See you sooon
What have I been working on
Launch tests, identify bugs, correct it and launch test, see that the app doesn’t do something, correct it and launch test…
Statement of intent
My detailed plan to conquer the world is just there.
Show app to as many potential users as possible.
What I need to do before next version
- Debug (boring but mandatory)
What I want to add in the next versions
- Get a report at same time every day.
- Manually add activities (ex: « I do Zumba every Thursday at 7pm »).
- Food: huge work! Users will be able to enter his food habits and will have equivalency like « You need 1H45 to eliminate this burger! »
- Be awkwardly rich and create a charity organization
- Pay a glass of red wine to you the only one that have read all this functionality (the trick works only once Mathias!)
Download Kilo-Meter trailer!
If you want to look at the interactive trailer just click on the picture below.
You will land on the (not sexy) Google Play page. You’ll just have to click on a button to register to the beta and get access to the classic Google Play interface.